Easy Ways to Eat Clean
Posted On: May 15, 2017
If you’re just about to embark on a clean eating routine, you might be wondering how best to get started. Many people may tell you that eating clean is time consuming, expensive, complicated and overwhelming, but the truth is that it is actually quite easy once you know a few secrets.
Eating clean is simply about eating real food that has been unaltered in any way. That means the processed food has to go (seriously, you won’t miss it after a while!), and that you’ll be welcoming nutritious and delicious foods in their natural state into your life. Think: oranges, apples, tomatoes, lean cuts of meat, fish and herbs and spices. This is real food that you can find in any store, and even in your own garden if you have a green thumb!
Tips For Clean Eating Success
The mistake many people make is to leap into clean eating without really thinking about how to get started. As the saying goes, fail to plan and you plan to fail. The same can be said for any big changes you make in your life. Make sure you plan everything out so that you can get started on the route to clean eating success.
Here are some tips to get you off on the right foot:
- Plan meals in advance: Eating clean means making some fairly drastic changes. To stop you reaching for that candy bar or picking up processed foods in the store, plan recipes and meals for the week in advance. You’ll always know what you are going to eat and when, and you can build clean eating into your routine more easily.
- Convenience foods can be clean: You may have been told that all convenience foods are out when it comes to clean eating, but actually that’s a bit of a myth. Frozen fruit and vegetables, frozen wild caught fish and many organic frozen entrees are your clean eating buddies when you are short of time or just want a quick snack.
- Make things easy for yourself: Keeping some interesting herbs and spices to hand will ensure you are always ready to whip up something amazing with your new clean eating ingredients.
- Be prepared when out and about: When you are out and away from your refrigerator full of healthy options, temptation or necessity for a quick bite may lead you to make an unhealthy choice. Why not keep some bananas close to hand or a prepacked ready-to-eat salad available for when the munchies attack? Remember to drink plenty of water, too!
- Find your favorite foods and note them down: One of the most common reasons people shy away from a new eating plan is because they get bored. Keep trying new flavors and recipes and make a note of your favorites so you can return to them time and time again. When you’ve built up a great clean eating repertoire you’ll never get bored, especially when your body starts to experience the benefits of a cleaner diet.
Deliciously Uncomplicated Meal Times
At Beetnik Foods
we believe that healthy eating should be easy. Whether you are following a clean eating, Paleo or Whole 30 eating plan, our meals are designed with simplicity and great taste in mind. We take simple organic ingredients and create delicious meals that are bursting with flavor instead of bursting with unnatural ingredients.
Make Beetnik part of the healthy new you by stocking up your freezer with our organic meals. You’ll never get bored, and you’ll always have a convenient way to ensure clean eating remains a big part of your life.