With Easter dinner just around the corner, and given that our 6lb Smoked Ham is plenty for any dinner with enough left for some serious sandwich goodness, we were on the search for great tips for Ham leftovers! It’s hard to ignore the Food Network’s vast library of recipes and this is one gem that we found:
Ham Salad on Biscuits
- 2 tubes, 6 pieces each, large bake-off biscuits (recommended: Pillsbury brand, from dairy aisle of market)
- 1 pound cooked ham from the deli, 1/4-inch thick slices, diced (We highly recommend using our Beetnik Smoked Ham)
- 3 ribs celery, from the heart, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salad olives with pimento, drained, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley – a couple of handfuls of leaves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, just enough to bind salad
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- Salt and black pepper
- Prepare bake-off biscuits to package directions, 8 to 10 minutes in the oven. Cool biscuits on wire rack.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Split cool biscuits and fill with Leslie’s DEEELICIOUS ham salad.
Read full article at: www.foodnetwork.com