For many years the debate of breakfast choices has raged. Pancakes or Waffles? A quick search on Google will reinforce how alive and well this debate really is. We were recently asked by a customer, clearly leaning towards the waffle side of the debate, as to whether we would be offering a gluten free waffle mix? Gluten Free Pancake Mix happens to work just as well as a gluten free waffle mix.
Here’s a tasty recipe from our nutritionist for making some potassium packed Banana Pecan Waffles. Enjoy.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups gluten free pancake mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon (optional)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Mash bananas and whisk in eggs, water & vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in pancake mix and pumpkin pie spice, stir until well combined.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Cook in a pre-heated, oiled waffle iron until cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Option to top waffles with a combination of the following:
- sliced banana
- chopped pecans
- maple syrup
- dark chocolate chips
- peanut butter or almond butter
- fresh berries
For more great organic options from Beetnik, enjoy one of our organic food coupons today!Recipe Created By: Beetnik Nutritionist: Allison Stevens MS, RD, LD