These crunchy cod goujons are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce or serve with fries for a gluten free spin on fish and chips.
- 4 Beetnik Cod fillets, sliced into strips
- 3 tablespoons Beetnik All Purpose Pancake Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten and in a shallow dish
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs (you may substitute your choice of bread crumbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- your choice of oil for frying (sunflower may work best)
Place breadcrumbs in food processor and pulse until fine. Place the breadcrumbs onto a large plate and mix with salt, pepper and chives. Pour the All Purpose Pancake Mix onto a large plate and place the beaten eggs in a separate bowl. Fill a frying pan with oil and place it over medium. The oil should get hot, but not too hot! Test the heat by tossing a breadcrumb in the pan: if it fries within 30 seconds it is ready to go. Dip the fish into the egg mixture, then the flour and then the breadcrumbs. Add the fish to the hot oil and fry for 7-9 minutes (or until crispy and golden). Remove and place on paper towels in order to drain. Serve immediately!
If you like this recipe, check out Beetnik’s frozen paleo meals!