This is a perfect dinner for a warm summer night. It’s bursting with flavor but not too heavy. Our grass fed and finished tenderloin tips are perfectly cut and fit beautifully on a skewer. This recipe serves 4. Bon Appétit !
- 2 – 12 oz packages of Beetnik Grass Fed Tenderloin Tips, thawed
- 4 stalks lemongrass, bottom portion only, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon rice-wine vinegar
- Pinch dried red pepper flakes
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup mint, diced
In a medium shallow glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tenderloin tips, lemongrass, half the garlic, the oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, ½ tablespoon of honey, salt and black pepper. Set aside to marinate.
In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the fish sauce, the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice, garlic, and ½ tablespoon of honey, water, vinegar, and red-pepper flakes.
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the romaine, carrots, cucumber, cilantro, and mint.
Light the grill or heat the broiler. Thread the steak onto eight skewers. Grill or broil the meat, turning, until done to your taste, about 5 minutes for medium rare. Toss the dressing with the salad and serve topped with the satays.
Bon appétit, ya’ll!