Ceviche is a popular seafood dish typically made from fresh raw fish marinated in citrus juices, such as lemon or lime. It is often spiced with various peppers. In this recipe I use snapper, but any fresh white fish will work nicely with this recipe.
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- salt & pepper
- ½ tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 2 filets of very fresh snapper
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, diced
- juice of 2 limes
- ¾ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- Salt & pepper
- Optional, Habanero pepper finely diced
- Micro greens
1. Guacamole: peel the avocado and mix with a fork, incorporating the lime juice, Tabasco sauce, cilantro and red onion. Adjust the seasoning and mix in the diced tomato.
2. Ceviche: cut the filet of snapper into pieces. Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a glass bowl and add the fish. Marinate in a fridge for approximately 45 minutes.
3. Presentation In the center of a cold plate, fill a rectangular mold with guacamole. Top with the ceviche of snapper. Remove the mold, and decorate with micro greens.