[blocktext align=”left”]Allow us to introduce Beetnik’s nutritionist and PrepDish Chef Allison Stevens MS, RD, LD. Allison is the founder of the gluten-free & paleo meal planning website: PrepDish.com. She specializes in creating delicious recipes and will be sharing some of her creations on our blog! You can find out more about PrepDish and a deal Allison has for you below. [/blocktext]
Allison says, “I love this recipe as an alternative to the typical burger & fries. The key is roasting the parsnips & carrots long enough so they get a slightly crisp texture.”
Grass Fed Beef Burgers w with Carrot & Parsnip Fries
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef or frozen hamburger patties
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound parsnips
- optional: lettuce & avocado (for burgers)
Prep Ahead (up to 4 days in advance)
1. Cut carrots & parsnips into ~3” “fries” trying to stay on the thin side.
2. Toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Chili powder is a nice substitute for Cajun seasoning.
3. Form meat into 4 patties
(or if using frozen patties, store in fridge to defrost).
4. Store cut vegetables & patties in fridge for up to 4 days.
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
2. Place carrots & parsnips in a single layer on 1-2 baking sheets.
3. Roast for at least 30 minutes or until crispy. Note: this may take up to 45-50 minutes depending on thickness of the cut and your oven.
4. Grill burgers for 4-5min on each side or desired doneness. For a healthier option, serve as lettuce wraps with avocado slices.
Allison thoughtfully crafts each plan using her own well-tested recipes. Each meal plan allows you, the home cook, to spend only 2-3 hours preparing a week’s worth of crave-worthy, healthy meals using seasonal, whole foods (nothing processed!).
Prep Dish aims to save you time while keeping your family’s taste buds happy. Sign up for the Prep Dish newsletter and receive a FREE 1 week gluten-free meal plan! Once you realize how great her plans are, use the code BEETNIK50 and receive 50% off the monthly subscription!
Allison is also the founder of Prep Dish: Personal Chefs where she cooks delicious healthy meals for Austin-based busy families, couples and celebrity clients.