Pasta dishes are among the most convenient meals to prepare when you don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking. Regular noodles will fill you up, but they don’t always provide much in terms of nutrients.
One of the best ways to make pasta dishes more nutritious is to use zucchini noodles instead of traditional noodles. Zucchini noodle dishes provide some important nutritional benefits, such as:
- High amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A and other antioxidants
- High amounts of potassium for a healthier heart
- Low number of calories and carbs
- High amounts of beta carotene and other phytonutrients for better eye health
- High amount of vitamin B for an energy boost
3 of The Best Zucchini Noodle Recipes
To enjoy these benefits, try making the following recipes using zucchini noodles.
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
Add a zesty garlic tang to zucchini pasta, along with parmesan for a cheesy flavor, when you make this healthy zucchini pasta recipe.
- Trim two zucchini, then use a vegetable peeler to cut each into long strips.
- In a large skillet, mix 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes with one to two tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic. Set the stove to medium heat, then place the zucchini pasta in the skillet when the olive oil starts bubbling.
- Cook the zucchini pasta for about five minutes. Mix the zucchini so that it cooks evenly.
- Add one chopped tomato, 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup basil leaves to the skillet, then cook for one minute.
- Move the zucchini pasta and tomatoes to a plate or dish. Mix 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch and one teaspoon of cold water in a bowl, then add it to the skillet. Cook for about one minute using a whisk to make sauce.
- Add the sauce to the zucchini and tomatoes, then add more parmesan if desired.
Vegetable Zucchini Noodle Soup
This is the best zucchini pasta recipe when you want some healthy comfort food.
- In a large pot, mix two cups of vegetable stock with a 1/2 cup of water, then wait for it to boil.
- Add 1/8 cup of diced carrots, 1/8 cup of corn kernels, 1/8 cup of diced red bell peppers and 1/8 cup of diced green peppers to the pot, and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Make noodles using three zucchini while the vegetables are cooking, and place these in a soup bowl.
- When the soup is done cooking, add it to the bowl and top with chopped spring onions if desired.
Stir Fry Zucchini Pasta
When you’re in the mood for stir fry, make it healthier with this quick and simple zucchini pasta recipe.
- Heat one tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet or wok on medium heat. Add one shredded yellow onion, then cook for about four minutes.
- Make zucchini pasta using two zucchini, then add it to the skillet or wok. Cook for about two minutes.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1/2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce and one tablespoon low-sodium teriyaki sauce to the skillet or wok. Cook for about five minutes to soften the zucchini.
- Remove the skillet or wok from heat, then serve the pasta for a nutritious lunch or dinner.
Although eating healthy is important, it’s not always easy to make time for preparing zucchini pasta dishes and other healthy meals. When you’re busy and want to make sure you’re enjoying nutritious foods, try our Honey Chicken with Zucchini Noodles and Beef Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles for lunch or dinner. Our pre-cooked, organic frozen meals provide you with healthy, organic options that are quick to make.