Welcome back to our “No Fail Method” Series. Today we take on the Organic Grass Fed Ribeye.
Marbled to perfection, the ribeye may seem intimidating – but we’ll go over a fool-proof cooking method so that you can start serving picture-perfect ribeyes!
We want to go easy on prep – no fancy marinades, sauces or treatments. It’s just you and the ribeye. After you defrost it using one these tried and true methods, gather your materials. You’ll need kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, some oil and tongs. If you are preparing your steak indoors, we recommend using a cast iron skillet. If you’re grilling, prepare your grill as per usual.
We don’t need any fancy bells and whistles, thanks to the organic ribeye’s beautiful marbling. Marbling refers to the white streaks of fat within lean sections and adds loads of flavor to your organic steak.
- Place your cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven to 400. While the cast iron skillet is warming, prep your steak.
- Coat your ribeye with oil and sprinkle both sides with a hearty pinch of salt. Grind a generous serving of black pepper over the steak. Remove the skillet from the oven and place over high heat.
- Place the steak in the middle of the dry skillet. Make sure it’s HOT! You don’t want it to smoke, but you do need a good amount of heat to sear the steak correctly.
- Sear the steak for 30 seconds (don’t move it!), turn it over and let sit for another 30 seconds.
- Put the pan into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip the steak and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the oven and skillet and let sit for 4 minutes. Serve immediately.