One of our favorite cod recipes, the fresh taste of the fish pairs deliciously with the tapenade, a Provençal dish consisting of finely chopped olives, capers, anchovies and olive oil.
- 2/3 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 8 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 dried black figs, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ TSP freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP water
- 4 Beetnik Pacific Cod fillets
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tomato, diced
Preheat the oven to 350F
FOR THE TAPENADE: Pulse the olives, anchovies, capers, figs, oil, pepper, and water in a food processor a few times, until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
Season the cod with salt and pepper. Bake the cod on a cookie sheet for 8 minutes, until barely cooked through. Let rest for a couple of minutes after removing from the oven. Spoon the tapenade onto four individual plates. Put one fillet in the center of each plate. Thinly slice the basil leaves, to make a chiffonade, and sprinkle over the cod, with the diced tomato. Serve.