- 2 TBSP peanut oil
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 Beetnik pacific cod fillets, thawed
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces of plum tomatoes halved, seeded, and cut into ½ inch dice
- ¼ cup dices pitted oil-cured black olives
- 2 TSP chopped fresh tarragon
Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan until hot. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cod, zucchini, salt, pepper, and wine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the fish flakes but is still slightly underdone in the center. Transfer the fish to a platter and cover it with a pan lid so it continues to cook in its own residual heat. Add the tomatoes and olives to the pan and sauté them for 1 minute. Add the tarragon and mix it in.
To serve, flake the cod into pieces and divide the pieces among four dinner plates. Divide the vegetable mixture, juices and all, among the plates and mix it gently into fish flakes. Serve.