Thanksgiving has come and gone – and like any good holiday, there are bound to be leftovers. Crowding in the kitchen, calling dibs on the last of the mashed potatoes in between football games and family visits, Thanksgiving leftovers are almost as great as the big day itself (depending on whom you talk to!) The go-to sandwich on a roll is a classic – but one that can always be improved upon.
Barbecue Turkey Slides
Adapted from Amanda Gold’s recipe.
- 2 cups diced or shredded turkey
- 1 packet Beetnik BBQ sauce or ½ cup bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken or turkey broth + more if necessary
- 12 sweet dinner rolls or a loaf of gluten free almond butter bread
Mix the turkey with the bbq sauce and broth in bowl, adding more if needed
Pile turkey onto the roll, add whatever kind of “Thanksgiving” topping you like! Mashed potatoes, cranberries or green beans! Or just leave as it as serve immediately.
Gluten Free Turkey Noodle Soup
Adapted from Chef Gayle Covner’s recipe.
- Leftover turkey/chicken or ham bones.
- Celery, onions and carrots, herbs
- Leftover veggies – yams, mushrooms, onions – anything really!
- Leftover shredded or chopped turkey
- Cooked Gluten Free Beetnik Pasta
Cover carcass of turkey and bones with water, leftover gravy and pan drippings and let simmer. Sauté your leftover ingredients (sweet potatoes, celery, spinach, etc) in oil, butter or ghee and then toss them all into the broth! Let simmer. Once it reaches your preferred thickness, add the cooked gluten free noodles and stir. Garnish with lemon zest, salt pepper, sage and parsley