From start to finish, this recipe took roughly 30 minutes – which is perfect for a quick, flavorful weeknight meal. The chopped walnuts and panko blend together perfectly for a lush, herbal crunch.
We used cod, but this can easily be created with halibut or your favorite white fish. We’ve actually created this recipe with salmon, so make sure to take a look at the recipe here.
- 4 Beetnik Cod fillets (each about 1 inch thick)
- 3/8 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup panko (we used Ian’s Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs)
- 1/8 cup (packed) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted ( may use more for taste)
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Use a Silpat or parchment paper to line the baking sheet. Mix walnuts, panko, and all herbs in small bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush the fish fillets with 1 tablespoon melted butter ( both sides); sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle panko-herb mixture atop fish, dividing equally and pressing to adhere. Bake the fish until just opaque in center, about 12 minutes. If crisper topping is desired, preheat broiler and broil fish about 1 minute, watching carefully to prevent burning. Transfer fish to plates; garnish with lemon wedges.