The combination of herbed butter with the already buttery taste of the halibut may seem overwhelming at first glance – but after our first bite we were hooked. Roasted until flakey, our wild caught Alaskan halibut takes on the savory and aromatic notes of the thyme and herbed butter.
- 4 Beetnik Wild Caught Halibut Fillets, thawed
- 1/2 a stick grass fed butter, soft
- 2 tsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- dash of lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Chop the flat leaf parsley, thyme and chives. Toss into a bowl with the softened butter and mix well, until creamy and smooth. This can be done in advance and kept in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread a small dollop of olive oil and spread over the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with freshly cut thyme and place in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and place a pat of the herbed butter on top. It should begin to melt immediately, so serve as soon as possible!